Support the Rukunegara.
Our mission is to remind Malaysians that the Rukunegara is our guiding principle.
We also want the Rukunegara to be part of our Federal Constitution.
Introduction to the Rukunegara
The Rukunegara was promulgated in Malaysia after the tragic incidents of May 13th, 1969. It embodied what the founding fathers of this nation, which was formed in 1957, thought was most important for Malaysian society to move forward.
Many Malaysian children growing up in the 1980's and the 1990's went through school with the Rukunegara being recited during assembly. It forms a part of our childhood memories. But of late, the Rukunegara has not been respected. Other values are being promoted, and Malaysia no longer looks like the Malaysia from the 1970's and the 1980's. The Islamization push and the disregard for other cultures and religion, too, is a cause for concern.
So we sat down and we thought, isn't the Rukunegara supposed to be worth something in this nation? Well, as it happens, the Rukunegara has no legal standing in this nation. It has no force of law. But other policies that run counter to it become the basis of new laws and new policies.
If we want the Malaysia of our forefathers to continue to exist, let's respect the Rukunegara before it's too late. In the Rukunegara are many noble goals and ambitions. The Rukunegara also points the way for our nation to go forward bravely into the 21st Century, and beyond. Malaysia is still a young nation, and we would like to think that it is an inclusive one. Let's not forget that.
Let's respect the Rukunegara.
The Rukunegara in Malay
BAHAWASANYA negara kita Malaysia mendukung cita-cita untuk
- mencapai perpaduan yang lebih erat di kalangan seluruh masyarakatnya;
- memelihara satu cara hidup demokratik;
- mencipta masyarakat yang adil bagi kemakmuran negara yang akan dapat dinikmati bersama secara adil dan saksama;
- menjamin satu cara yang liberal terhadap tradisi kebudayaannya yang kaya dan berbagai-bagai corak;
- membina satu masyarakat progesif yang akan menggunakan sains dan teknologi moden;
MAKA KAMI, rakyat Malaysia, berikrar akan menumpukan seluruh tenaga dan usaha kami untuk mencapai cita-cita tersebut berdasarkan prinsip-prinsip yang berikut:
- KEPERCAYAAN KEPADA TUHAN
- KESETIAAN KEPADA RAJA DAN NEGARA
- KELUHURAN PERLEMBAGAAN
- KEDAULATAN UNDANG-UNDANG
- KESOPANAN DAN KESUSILAAN
The Rukunegara in English
WHEREAS our nation Malaysia nurtures the ambitions of:
- achieving a more perfect unity amongst the whole of her society;
- preserving a democratic way of life;
- creating a just society where the prosperity of the country can be enjoyed together in a fair and equitable manner;
- guaranteeing a liberal approach towards her rich and varied cultural traditions; and
- building a progressive society that will make use of science and modern technology.
THEREFORE WE, the people of Malaysia, pledge to concentrate the whole of our energy and efforts to achieve these ambitions based on the following principles:
- BELIEF IN GOD
- LOYALTY TO KING AND COUNTRY
- THE SUPREMACY OF THE CONSTITUTION
- THE RULE OF LAW
- COURTESY AND MORALITY
ABOUT THIS WEBSITE
This site is dedicated to the Rukunegara. "Maka Kami" takes its name from two words appearing in the Rukunegara. The two words mean "Therefore we" in the Malay language.